The Foundation will award scholarships to those who meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must have graduated from high school or earned a GED diploma;
- Applicant must demonstrate academic achievement:
- If the applicant is applying before having completed a college semester, then the applicant must have earned a high school un-weighted GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or an equivalent GED score).
- If the applicant is applying after having completed a college semester, then the applicant must have earned at least an overall 2.5 grade point average or equivalent “passing” grade in all completed semesters of post-secondary education;
- Applicant must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits per semester in an accredited college, university, trade school or vocational program.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must reside in Lancaster County, PA with proof of residence.
- Additionally, the following eligibility criteria will be added to the scholarship application.
- The applicant has NO permanent lawful status in the United States (ex. DACA, TPS, Undocumented, etc.)
- The applicant does not have a student visa (ex. F or J).
- The applicant must be enrolled or graduated from high school or have a GED.
- The applicant has not been convicted of a felony or a significant misdemeanor.
Scholarships will be awarded on a semester-by-semester basis, and applicants are encouraged to reapply for subsequent semesters if applicant continues meet the criteria described above.
The application and the required attachments must be completed and postmarked on or before June 1st (if applying for a scholarship to be used in a fall semester) or November 1st (if applying for a scholarship to be used in a spring semester). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Foundation takes the following criteria into consideration when awarding recipients:
- Financial need
- Prior academic performance
- Community and school involvement
- Personal essay
- Career goals
- Supporting documentation
The applications will be reviewed by the Foundation’s selection committee and successful applicants will be notified by mail no later than August 1st (if applying for a scholarship to be used in a fall semester) or January 7th (if applying for a scholarship to be used in a spring semester)