The Foundation will award scholarships based on the following criteria:
- Applicant must have graduated from high school or earned a GED diploma;
- Applicant must demonstrate academic achievement:
- If the applicant is applying before having completed a college semester, then the applicant must have earned a high school un-weighted GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or an equivalent GED score).
- If the applicant is applying after having completed a college semester, then the applicant must have earned at least an overall 2.5 grade point average or equivalent “passing” grade in all completed semesters of post-secondary education;
- Applicant must be enrolled or intend to enroll in one of the Foundation’s recommended Colleges in a minimum of 6 credits per semester or a local university that meets the tuition requirements of $15,000 for an Associates degree and $38,000 for a Bachelors degree.
- Applicant must have arrived in the United States before age 16;
- Applicant must be eligible for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (“DACA”) program or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Temporary Protected Status (“TPS”) program and must have received DACA or TPS approval; and
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must reside in Lancaster County, PA with proof of residence.
Scholarships will be awarded on a semester-by-semester basis, and applicants are encouraged to reapply for subsequent semesters if applicant continues meet the criteria described above.
The application and the required attachments must be completed and postmarked on or before June 1st (if applying for a scholarship to be used in a fall semester) or November 1st (if applying for a scholarship to be used in a spring semester). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The applications will be reviewed by the Foundation’s selection committee and successful applicants will be notified by mail no later than August 1st (if applying for a scholarship to be used in a fall semester) or January 7th (if applying for a scholarship to be used in a spring semester)