The Foundation will award scholarships based on the following criteria:
- Applicant must have graduated from high school or earned a GED diploma;
- Applicant must demonstrate academic achievement:
- If the applicant is applying before having completed a college semester, then the applicant must have earned a high school un-weighted GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or an equivalent GED score).
- If the applicant is applying after having completed a college semester, then the applicant must have earned at least an overall 2.5 grade point average or equivalent “passing” grade in all completed semesters of post-secondary education;
- Applicant must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits per semester or a local university that meets the tuition requirements of $15,000 for an Associates degree and $38,000 for a Bachelors degree.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must reside in Lancaster County, PA with proof of residence.
- In light of the uncertainty surrounding the DACA & TPS programs, scholarship applicants will only be required to meet the extant eligibility requirements for DACA. Formal government approval for DACA will no longer required
- Additionally, the following eligibility criteria will be added to the scholarship application.
- The applicant had no permanent lawful status in the United States
- The applicant entered the United States prior to their 16th birthday
- The applicant had no lawful status on June 15th, 2012
- The applicant must be enrolled or graduated from school
- The applicant has not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or 3+ other misdemeanors.
eligibility criteria for DACA can be found here or by visiting: https://www.uscis.gov/archive/consideration-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-daca#guidelines
Scholarships will be awarded on a semester-by-semester basis, and applicants are encouraged to reapply for subsequent semesters if applicant continues meet the criteria described above.
The application and the required attachments must be completed and postmarked on or before June 1st (if applying for a scholarship to be used in a fall semester) or November 1st (if applying for a scholarship to be used in a spring semester). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The applications will be reviewed by the Foundation’s selection committee and successful applicants will be notified by mail no later than August 1st (if applying for a scholarship to be used in a fall semester) or January 7th (if applying for a scholarship to be used in a spring semester)